It’s time for a good ol’ dose of Christmas cheer folks!
BlogMas doesn’t usually happen without one so let’s get on with it shall we?!
It’s #BLOGMAS Day 6 with The Christmas Tag!
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
This year my Christmas tree is real, last year and for many before that it was a beautiful fibre optic one that was so easy to put together, take apart and even store (I kinda miss it!). As good as it is having a real tree it is PAINFUL to decorate, unless you have reptilian skin!
- What is your favourite Christmas movie?I have a selection of favourite Christmas movies – BlogMas Day 2 was dedicated to that so check it out by clicking HERE.
- Do you have any traditions at Christmas? If so, what is your most cherished?
Christmas traditions/habits in our house for the actual day itself have always been – wake up in the morning and have breakfast of Champagne with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Stick on Father Christmas (The film) and have him on in the background whilst either chillin with breakfast or getting ready for the day.
Mum and I in recent years used to cook together until she stopped cooking Christmas dinner (we would go to her bowling club). Christmas stockings are opening in the morning after breakfast and presents from under the tree are done after Christmas dinner and the queens speech.
After all the pizazz we hunker down with the rest of the Christmas films and just chill together with lots of champagne and food.
- Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
We open all presents on Christmas day as mentioned above – stockings in the morning and under the tree presents in the afternoon.
- What is your favourite Christmas song/carol?Favourite Christmas song is a hard one to pin point but the two that most remind me of my dad are:
– Jona Lewie – Stop the Cavalry
– Pentatonix – Little Drummer Boy
- What decoration do you place at the very top of your tree?
It used to be a very sad looking angel made out of lace or some such material (very sad looking!). This year we bought a new star which is so beautiful that I am actually proud to put it on the tree.
- What is your favourite festive drink?I used to love a Starbucks Egg Nog latte but as my tastes in coffee has changed I am not really a fan of the sickly-sweet taste that masks the coffee. So even though my choice of drink is sweeter it is actually meant to be – a nice hot chocolate with all the trimmings.
- How do you plan what to buy people as gifts? Plan it out in a list or just shop til you drop?I have a list for pretty much everything and usually try to plan throughout the year by writing notes on what people tell me that they like and cross it out if they buy it before Christmas! This year I haven’t been that organised but I did a lot of my Christmas shopping in the states whilst I was away.
- When do you open your presents? In the morning or at night?As I said before a little bit of both! Stocking presents in the morning and real presents in the late afternoon.
- When do you start to get excited about Christmas?I don’t think I am ever NOT excited! Really and truly though it all starts for me around the end of September as I plan for Halloween and then as that isn’t really an entire season after the one day is over it is Christmas all the way.
- *BONUS QUESTION* – What are you most excited for this year over the Christmas season?Making new memories and honouring those that there were made when dad was still with us.
The Christmas Tag was found over on Abby Claire’s Blog
I hope you take part and if you do tag us both – I had so much fun filling this out as I’m sure you will!