At the end of the event here are final answers!
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 19 when I thought I was getting up late but actually had an extra hour to collect myself and sort stuff out in time for my 2 hours co-hosting! Also at this time realising how little I had actually read.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
The Humans by Matt Haig seems to have been popular but I have yet to look at others collections. Possibly the Delirium books even though they are out there as YA I believe that have appealed to a wider spectrum of readers.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not for the organisers only for myself to be more organised – something that I say to myself all the time and then it gets to crunch time and boom!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Everything was very organised and laid out well, the hash tags were easy to find and recognise and everyone seemed to link up very well no matter what time zone.
- How many books did you read?
Almost 2 – sad attempt I know when some people were on 7 – next time I know not to read such a series book first! My concentration was shot by the end of it!
- What were the names of the books you read?
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Amelia Grey’s Fireside Dream by Abby Clements
- Which book did you enjoy most?
As both books are completely different ends of the spectrum I enjoyed them both in different ways.
- Why book did you enjoy the least?
Neither of the books were disliked although for a short book The Alchemist dragged on a bit!
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I was a co-host and I have to say if I have any advice it would be prepared your posts as a draft prior to the event so you can take the stress of having to write and find images, videos etc at the last-minute. Also be prepared to tweet a lot! It is great fun!
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I would love to participate in all read-a-thons however it always depends on work. I would love to be a co-host again! We shall see! October is coming soon – or should I say something more apt to the fictional world like – Winter is coming!